VisualVM OSGi Plugin
UPDATE: I'm hosting this project now as part of the Chameleon project
Now you can also download the current version of this plugin directly from the VisualVM 1.2 or higher
This plugin targets the VisualVM enabling basic management of OSGi platforms via JMX.
- Download the OSGi bundle, install and start it in an OSGi application
- Download the two .nbm files for the VisualVM:
- Start the Visual VM (1.1.1) and install the two files above using the menu Tools > Plugins > Downloaded tab > Add plugins button (install both files at once)
- Restart the VisualVM
- From the VVM, connect to the Java process that corresponds to the OSGi application where you installed the bundle on the first installation step
- Verify if an OSGi tab is displayed on the right side, as in the figure below
- Click on the tab so you can get information about the executing platform
- By selecting a bundle, the tabs below the list will display the contents of the bundle manifest, the provided services and the list of all files that are embedded in the bundle jar file.
- By right clicking on a selected bundle in the list, you can perform the basic life-cycle operations: Update, Start, Stop and Uninstall
- On the textbox below the bundles list, you can type a bundle URL and install it by hitting the button.