Associate Professor, Univ. Grenoble Alpes
- Address: Laboratoire LIG – Bâtiment IMAG – Grenoble Alpes University
- Tel: +33 4 57 42 15 55
- Email: email@example.com
- Efficient Process Replication for MPI Applications: Sharing Work between Replicas. T. Ropars, A. Lefray, D. Kim and A. Schiper. IPDPS 2015.
- Leveraging hardware message passing for efficient thread synchronization. D. Petrovic, T. Ropars and A. Schiper. PPOPP 2014.
- SPBC: leveraging the characteristics of MPI HPC applications for scalable checkpointing. T. Ropars, T. Martsinkevich, A. Guermouche, A. Schiper and F. Cappello. SC 2013.
- High-performance RMA-based broadcast on the Intel SCC. D. Petrovic, O. Shahmirzadi, T. Ropars and A. Schiper. SPAA 2012.
- Uncoordinated Checkpointing Without Domino Effect for Send-Deterministic MPI Applications. A. Guermouche, T. Ropars, E. Brunet, M. Snir and F. Cappello. IPDPS 2011.
My work focuses on algorithms for distributed and parallel systems with a special focus on scalability and resilience issues. For more information, check this page.
I am an assistant professor at Université Grenoble Alpes. I joined the faculty in 2015. I received a Ph.D. from Université of Rennes in 2009, and a Master degree in Computer Science from the same university in 2006.
Before joining Grenoble, I worked as a postdoctoral fellow in different places: at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign during 1 year (Joint Laboraroty for Extreme Scale Computing); at Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne during 3 years (Distributed Systems Laboratory); at Inria Bordeaux during 1 year (TADaaM research team). As a Ph.D. student, I was a member of the Inria Rennes MYRIADS research team and my great Ph.D. advisor was Christine Morin.